The 3M E-A-R Classic Uncorded Earplugs are the world’s first foam earplugs and are still one of the most widely used. The slow recovery, low-pressure foam fits snugly to create a noise barrier with an NRR of 29 dB. The earplugs are both flame resistant and moisture-resistant. The bright yellow color allows supervisors to conduct a quick visual hearing protection compliance check. The recommended applications include chipping, chiseling, drilling, furnace operations, grinding, heavy equipment operations, machining, pouring/casting, power fastening, riveting, sanding, sawing, and welding.
These earplugs are commonly used in the following industries: agriculture, automotive, chemicals, construction, general manufacturing, healthcare, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals.
- 3M E-A-R Classic Earplugs set the standard in hearing protection as the world's first foam earplugs
- Slow recovery, low pressure foam conforms to the shape of the ear canal for enhanced comfort and wearability
- Moisture-resistant—helps maintain a consistent expansion time, even in humid environments
- Flame resistant—important for potential arc flash situations and for storage considerations
- Noise reduction rating (NRR) 29 dB. CSA Class AL
- Reusable Pillow Pack helps keep earplugs clean when they are not being worn.