BluGard nighttime eyewear not only comfortably dims your view, but has been lab tested to block 100% of blue light from your eyes, allowing your sleep-inducing melatonin to do its job properly. Alternatives use yellow lenses, which not only don't block all the blue light, but actually brighten your view, which is not something you want when preparing for your nightly rest.
Get this Large-sized Deluxe OTG style if your head, face and eyeglasses are a little wider than average. Unlike the translucent frame of the economy "U" Frame, this #53 frame is solid black, which helps keep out peripheral and ambient light while having a look closer to that of a traditional sunglass. The nearly straight temples lend a more sporty look, and the rubber pad on the temple tips helps improve comfort and grip. Made In USA.
- Scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses specially engineered to block all Blue Light up to 540 nm, while retaining adequate visibility for nighttime indoor use
- Large, sporty, matte black OTG style frame
- Rubber tipped semi-straight temples for comfort and grip
- Molded nose pads
- Made in USA
- Frame Width = 145 mm (5.7 inches)
- Lens Height = 50 mm (1.97 inches)
Compliance: CE certified.
*NoIR BluGard Nighttime Eyewear are NOT ANSI Z87.1-2010 Certified and are therefore not recommended for use as industrial safety eyewear.
These are just what I expected. I have to look at a lot of lights at work, and my eyes tended to hurt with other glasses... even with the yellow pairs. With these, my eye pain is gone, and the fit easily over my glasses.
Excellent for "smoothing" out harsh lighting from LED's or fluroscents